In keeping with our clean summer fun, I have another lemonade recipe for you. This one is a super easy strawberry lemonade recipe, Italian style, with hints of fresh basil and vanilla.
There’s nothing more refreshing than freshly homemade lemonade!
· 10 fresh large strawberries, hulled
· 1 cup lemon juice -freshly squeezed
· 6 cups filtered or sparkling water
· 15 leaves fresh basil
· 4 tbsp agave, optional and measure to your sweetness liking
· 3 cups ice
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 5 strawberries -hulled & sliced
1. Add the whole strawberries, basil leaves, lemon juice and water to a powerful blender or (food processor) and process until smooth.
2. Strain into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Taste and sweeten with agave or maple syrup If desired. Add the sliced strawberries and lemons.
3. Chill for 30 minutes or serve promptly over ice garnished with more basil, or freeze it into popsicles.