If you have not noticed, I love granola and enjoy making it. I like to make my own recipes too, combine my favorite ingredients. This is a new one I created today. I figured out I like shredded coconut in my granola which is odd when I do not necessarily love coconut, hmm. I had lots on nuts in my pantry, so I really mixed up the nuts today. I chopped almonds, walnut, pecans, cashews and hazelnuts. This should give my granola a good nutty mixed taste.
You can also make granola to your liking, just be sure to keep the same content of dry versus wet when doing so.
Vanilla Vegan Granola
1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
1 ½ cups chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans or whatever nuts you prefer)
1 cup shredded coconut or flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
1 tbsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 150°C / 300°C.
2. Mix oats, nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon together.
3. In separate small microwave proof bowl, mix coconut oil and honey. Put into microwave, about 30 seconds, to melt. After removing from microwave, add vanilla.
4. Mix with oat mixture thoroughly
5. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the mixture on the baking sheet, spread into a thin layer. Bake 25-30 minutes, stir halfway. Let cool once removed from oven.
Enjoy as a snack, on yogurt with fruit or whatever way you desire!